Sunday, March 02, 2008

March Finally

I am so glad February is over, I just do not like that month. It is too short and with ski week smack in the middle, even more. And the peak of the flu season, so everybody gets sick. Really, really happy is March now!

Update on Ariann [Ravelry link]: the wonderful of Little Knits sent me two more balls of Queensland Uruguay DK [Ravelry link], even matching the dye lots - yippee! I can now finish Ariann, in fact I have been working on it no stop. I will probably only need one extra ball, just you know, just in case.

This latest incident of yarn shortage made me think about my yarn habit.
Should I stop buying yarn in I do not have a project for it so that I buy the right quantity? This would not have prevented the Ariann problem, because I did have the right quantity according to the pattern.
Should I try and use the yarn I buy in a reasonable time frame so that it does not become impossible to match dye lots if I need more? I have yarn in my stash whose photo I took in 2005! Don't know why, but yarn sitting in my stash for more than 2 years bugs me and makes me feel guilty. Poor yarn, waiting and waiting for my attention! So next project will be with the last 3 balls of my first Karaoke (July 2005) - does that sound like a wine?

While waiting for Ariann's yarn, I made a baby hat [Ravelry link]:

Baby Hat in Ciclamini
Yarn: LuLu's Yarns TM Sock in Ciclamini (double) - 1/3 of a skein

A scarf [Ravelry link]:

Jan's Sensational Scarf
Yarn: Baywood Yarns Luxury Sock & Shawl in Summer Sunser and Karabella Gossamer (1/2 skein each)
Pattern: Jan's Sensational Scarf [Ravelry link]


And I finally put the fringe on my Multidirectional Scarf [Ravelry link]:

Multidirectional Scarf
Yarn: Lang Yarns Mille Colori - 3 balls
Pattern: Multidirectional Scarf by Karen Baumer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?