Friday, December 21, 2007

More WIPs and Fiber Friday

One of the reason why I have so many WIPs is that once I have casted on a project, I think of it as done, because I just have to finish it. So, with this logic, while I had 14 projects on the needles, I added 4 more. To my defense, two are x-mas presents, Fetching for my sister:

Fetshing

and Thuja for my brother-in-law

Thuja

They do not arrive until the 26th, so I have plenty of time to finish these, and Frufru Girl. My nephew? A box of LEGOs is getting more appealing by the minute.

And since I have so much time before x-mas, I started two scarves just because - I am sure I am forgetting someone, and they will get a scarf:

Multidirectional Scarf
Pattern: Multidirectional Scarf by Karen Baumer
Yarn: Mille Colori by Lang Yarns


One Row Scarf
Pattern: One Row Handspun Scarf by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn: Karaoke in Playful by South West Trading Company


Among all these new projects, I did finish something, the socks for my brother:

Socks for my brother
Pattern: mine
Shepherd Sport Multi by Lorna's Laces


Not only I completed them, but I did on two circulars:

Socks for my brother

As I said, I was terrified at the idea of raunning out of yarn, so I decided the only way to go was to knit them at the same time. I took a deep breath. I ignored them for a week (one circular needle makes me giddy, the idea of two circular needles almost make me want to pick up crochet), and them I did it. And the socks survived.

Fiber Friday: The Yetsy team members make an effort to list new yarns and fibers on Etsy every Friday - I usually remember around Sunday night, but I am getting better and I did this morning. Check out all the listings, amazing crack stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?