Friday, December 16, 2005

Moving on

Yep, the right way to go is what Cookie suggested, forget about the wrong pattern for a while. And I have a even better twist to the plan: I am bringing the stupid trying to Italy with me, where I am hoping I can get my mom to finish it. My mom, the one who can tell an English pattern is wrong even if she does not read English.

So I am moving on for now. The only reason I was working on the wrong pattern instead of on my xmas knitting was that I wanted to wear the cardi tonight - not going to happen. So I consoled myself with cashmere and last night I started a scarf with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky, that I bought in Boston.

Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Superchunky

Is it weird to remember where and when I bought every ball in my stash?

Anyway, here is my recipe for a two hours scarf:

Bulky yarn, about 160 yards, in two colors
Needles US #11, circular, 80 cm long

Cast 150 stitches - I suggest to put stitch markers every 30 stitches, so you do not had to count back from the beginning when you lose track

Knit two rows in color A
Knit two rows in color B

Repeat these 4 rows 5 times - 20 rows total.

Cast off, add fringe if desired.

And, no, the above pattern is not covered by copyright - I am not nuts. Fell free to copy it, distribute, put on your blog, whatever.

I'll have a photo of my scarf tomorrow.