Saturday, January 13, 2007

Yarn Marathon

WIPs
I posted a while ago that I was joining Wendy's Knit from Your Stash 2007 - the idea of finding out how much stuff I can make without buying new yarn certainly is intriguing (and Principessa decided to help selecting a cardigan from this that takes 2,000 yards of yarn!).
Then I found out about the L&V Sock Marathon and I jumped it - the purpose of the marathon is to find out how many miles of sock yarn you can knit in three months. Anything that I think is sock yarn qualifies, and I can knit whatever with it. Very low key do not stress about the rules KAL.
First task? Count how many yards of sock yarn I have. So, spreadsheet, sum, 22,718 yards. Sounds high, but I have no idea what that means. Google tells me it is almost 13 miles. Hum. Let's try again in kilometers.

21 km? Holy yarn! That does sound like a lot. Even if the general consensus is that anything lower than 15 miles does not qualify as "a problem".

The stuff in photo? Worsted weight, Bejeweled for my mom in Karabella Aurora 8 (from stash!) and One Skein Wonder in Rio de la Plata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?