Friday, December 29, 2006

Yarn and stash

Thuja

Day 3 and I may finish the socks tonight. Worsted weight socks, who knew? It may be a new chapter in my bored/intrigued relationship with knitted socks. I love this yarn so much that I cannot care less about the so-so colorway, I may go to Purlescence soon and buy a boat load. After all, it is sock yarn so it falls under the exemption of Knit From Your Stash 2007!

I find this concept so amusing that I have decided to join just for the heck of it. Here are the rules - my comments in red:

1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.

2. We will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:

2.a. Sock yarn does not count. What? You think we are made of stone? Ah ah, most of my yarn purchases are sock yarn, not because I like to knit socks that much (it usually bores me, there is no thrill in knitting socks), but because "it is only one skein". I like this exception!

2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that we really and truly do not have the yarn for, we may buy yarn to knit that gift. I can't imagine a situation in which someone asked me to knit them something (I can offer, but I do not take requests), and then on top of that, they specify the yarn? Ugh?

2.c. If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project. Yeah, right. If I ran out of something, you can bet that it is discontinued.

2.d. We each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- we are each allowed to fall off the wagon one time. This is very dangerous.

3. We are allowed to receive gifts of yarn. Like, how I am going to prevent people to buy me yarn? Even if I wanted to.

4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt. Since I do not spin, Stitches West is exempt. And before you start screaming "cheater, cheater", I'll tell you that I do not do well in crowds, in fact I bought nothing for myself at Stitches West 2006 (just few things for my SP spoilee). But this year I'll be strong and conquer two stalls: Brooks Farm and Morehouse Farm. And Lisa Sousa. And Tess' Designer Yarn ...... never mind, I will never make it.

But at least, this could me my shot at knitting the I-am-not-going-to-count-how-many sweaters for which I have yarn in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?