Saturday, August 26, 2006

Socks socks socks

Socks
A while ago I read on Michelle's blog about the Whenever club and it seems such a good idea that I joined.
While I was in my Yahoo groups, I decided to check on the Six Sock Knitalong, and guess what?
The August 2006 pattern is Michelle's, so I had to make it.

Even if you can count three socks on the needles.



Lake Taneycome Sunset

So I dived into my sock yarn box and I came out with this, Lake Taneycome Sunset handpainted yarn. I received this gorgeous yarn as part of the Project Spectrum Handpainted Sock Yarn Exchange that Zarah organized and I was waiting for the right pattern for it. I think I found and I casted this morning, toe-up. I am even using yellow needles, and that cracks me up - I am easily amused, sometimes.

Speaking of socks, have you seen these? Deb has knit my handpainted yarn I sent her a while ago. I think those socks are beautiful, but I may be biased.


Anyway, while we are still on the subject of socks, I am have found a new love in the sock yarn department, Toasty Toes. It is truly one of the best sock yarn I have worked with so far, I am so happy I yanked the sock off Hollis after she neglected it for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?