Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Knitting World Cup

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Following the steps of the Knitting Olympics, here comes the 2006 Knitting World Cup. Actually, here they come, because I am aware of at least two. Grenadine Girl had this great idea of knitting something that can be donated to a charity or can be auctioned off on Ebay, with all proceeds going to Oxfam. Projects must be finished by Saturday July 1st for mailing to the appropriate charity/ebay charity seller. Deadline for mailing is Saturday July 8th.

I am going to be on vacation in Italy during the World Cup, and believe me, I'll have plenty of time to knit, because when la Nationale plays soccer, the country stops. I am serious, everybody stops and watches the game. Companies either send people home or set up big screen TV in conference room. It is completely useless to try and make people work.

So I'll be working on my Amazing Lace, if I ever make a choice, and a vest for Warm Woolies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?