Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Afghans

What do you make with leftovers of leftovers? An afghan!

Afghan

I made this a long time ago, and I think my mom helped me. She is responsible for the larger squares, always in a hurry. Since it is wool, I had decided to donate it to Afghans for Afghans and of course missed the deadline. The next one is in the first quarter of 2006, but I am thinking of sending it now so I am done with it.

I have a too-long-to-finish-in-time list of x-mas gifts I am knitting, so, being my usual self, instead of concentrating on that, I have been thinking how fun it would be to make another afghan. So far, I have made three in my life. This is the first one:

Afghan

As you can see, it was carefully planned. Never going to do that again. This is the second one:

Afghan

You can see I was a smarter knitter by then, larger squares, larger needles, bulky wool. And the third one is the left-overs above. I am definitely going for size 11 needles and bulky wool this time too. I can start with this fun stuff I bought from Midnightsky Fibers Shop:

funky yarn

and then keep using leftovers, if I had any leftovers bulky weight that I have not. So I have actually considered buying two Palette Sampler, double it, and make one of two squares of each color.

Someone please stop me.