Sunday, February 27, 2005

Knitting, children and weather

I wrote before that knitting gives a new meaning to waiting - it gives a new meaning to "children parties" too. I bring my foldout chair and my knitting to the park and I can endure them.

Yes, because children's parties are at parks in California. That brings me to the weather part. It was not raining yesterday.

Deb wrote:
"Gee, and here all the news I've been hearing out of California is rain, rain, rain . . . (grin) Anyway, come on, one of the few benefits to living where there's snow is the occasional treat of extra time off work or school . . . If you live where it's sunny and 70 year-round, darn it, you get enough climatic advantages!"

Yes, it has been raining a lot lately and I am so sick of it. I do not think California has this great of a weather anyway, I did grow up in Italy after all. But Deb's reply is exactly what I get when I bring up the "snow day everybody home in home office" subject at work, so I guess I'll have to live with it. I have never been to Chicago, is it that bad? It sure looks cold on ER.

As for the children, they were up before 7 this morning because it is Sunday. Since it was suggested that they do not actually wake up early on weekends but that I think so because I stay up later and more tired in the morning, I have been watching the clock. They do wake up early. They get up before 7 every Saturday and every Sunday. Comes Monday, I need to wake them up at 7:30.

3 comments:

  1. All I know is that we're due for our third big (biggish) snowstorm in a week tomorrow. The one last Monday was about 6" of snow; Friday's was about 4" and we're due for about 6-8" tomorrow . . . a little too much all at once! And, not once have we gotten out of work early or opened late, darn it! (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am heartily sick of this rain. I've lived in the Bay Area my entire life, but I'm about ready to head south to Mexico...where I can get some more sunshine!

    -Juls
    valleygrrl.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are getting rain here too, but then again we are used to it out here! Philip went to college out in LA and he said that he remembered it raining 2 times when he was there.

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?