Sunday, February 25, 2007

I have been good

I was at Stitches yesterday and I have been so good. Well, let's face it, it is easy to be good when you work at a LYS and hence get the employee discount - it really does not make much sense to me to buy from others. And I am not saying much because I do not want to steal the thunder from Hollis, but she is doing four or five awesome "cash and carry" today from various vendors - I am really excited!

But back to my purchase, my first stop was the Shelridge Farm booth - Cookie and Kristi often mention their yarns so I needed to try them:

Shelridge Farm

Shelridge Farm Soft Touch Heather and Ultra - I must say they are true to their names, so soft!
Speaking of Cookie, I bought all of her patterns, to save myself the trouble of choosing:

Cookie's patterns

and this uber-cute baby sweater pattern from Kristi:

Last Roll - 15

The Bay Area Knit Coop booth was next to Purlescence:

Purlescense

Claudia Handpainted Worsted in Shark, and ChicKnit Ariann (paper copy for the same price of the pdf!)

Next stop, Lisa Souza:

Lisa Souza

The one in red is Blue Faced Leicester, and Lisa told me it's pronounced "lester" - and she agreed that it is weird (I mean, where did the "c" go?). I have been wanting to see BFL for a while, and wow, it is shiny and soft, you would think it is a blend of merino and silk. The other two are merino superwash sport.

And that's it. Since sock yarn it is not stash, just one skein.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?