Monday, May 29, 2006

Summer of Stash

I joined the Summer of Stash and so I pledge to knit from stash from today to Labor Day. Do you think I'll ran out of yarn?

Here are the rules:

1. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, no yarn purchases allowed. You must knit only from stash.
2. Each SoS team member may have up to two exceptions to their rule this summer. For example, if you find us after Memorial Day, you are welcome to join later, and simply designate a later start date as your exception.
3. Challenge yourself to reduce your stash in creative or generous ways. Share your projects and ideas with other SoS-ers.
4. Rules apply only to yarn purchases. Books, patterns, and needles/notions needed to complete projects are allowed and encouraged if it gets you through the summer.
5. Plan and post about special Post-Labor Day Reward.

Rule #2 troubles me. Do you have any idea how much damage I can do in one sitting? And I get two!

Here is my plan:

1. Finish my WIPs - yarn consumption: about 20 balls
2. FBS with Claudia Handpainted for The Amazing Lace - yarn consumption: 5 balls
3. Keep making dishcloths - yarn consumption: up to all the Sugar'n Cream I have
4. Logcabin blanket from Mason-Dixon - yarn consumption: how much Karabella Aurora 8 I have?
5. If in doubt, choose something from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?