Friday, May 12, 2006

Dysfunctional post (and a contest)

Warning: dysfunctional post ahead, I have a lot of bits and pieces to post about.

First of all, thank you for the compliments on the Sugar Maple Shawl. I am sorry I can't show you guys the shawl blocked and all pretty, because it my submission to the Cherry Tree Hill Design Competition. That means that I don't get to keep the shawl, but I am not too sad about it. Even if the colorway is gorgeous, it is really not me; I look green in orange (and I look yellow in green). My colors are the reds, and blues, and purples, and speaking of purple, I'll probably make another one with Nature's Palette:

Nature's Palette

I have joined the Amazing Lace Summer 2006 KAL, and I need to choose a project. It can be the Mountain Stream Scarf because I casted for it the other day:

Mountain Streak Scarf

and the KAL rules states that I need to start on Memorial Day. So it is either another Sugar Maple shawl or Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl with HPY Lace Pure Wool.

After I finished the Sugar Maple Shawl, I had a serious attack of startitis; I casted for the Mountain Stream Scarf (I was itching to do that, but my brain can hold only one lace pattern at any given time), but then I thought I need a quick project so I started the Baby Hat from One Skein:

Baby Hat from One Skein

The weather has been glorious - finally! So it is time for cotton knitting. I opened my cotton yarn box and this jumped at me:

Lana Grossa Point Print

Lana Grossa Point Print, 4 balls that scream: "Tank top for Principessa!", so here it is, a Very Berry Tank Top:

Very Berry Tank Top

Back to Lana Grossa, have you seen this? How cool is that? But I bet that they will be impossible to find here - do Americans even know there is going to be a World Cup in June/July?

Ok, if you have read all of that until here, contest time!

Please leave a comment answering the following question:

When you buy sock yarn, so you like big skein (100 gr, one skein is enough for a pair of socks) or you prefer small one (50gr, you need at least two for a pair of socks)?

When I buy undyed yarn, some tie it come in small (50 gr) skein, so there is nothing I can do about it. But some time it comes in half pound skein or even one pound cone, so I can control the size of the final product.

When you see a 560 yards skein, do you go: "Holy cow, that's great!", or, "Holy cow, what am I going to do with all that yarn?”

I'll draw a random winner, and the prize will be either this or this - winner's choice!

ETA: I'll keep the contest open until Sunday night - after all I can't go to the post office before Monday, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?