Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tuesday is knit-along day

But the only knit-along that really matters right now is

Naked Stix

because being today Santa Lucia, xmas is really close.

Having a long flight ahead of me, I devise this new strategy: knits for the airplane ride vs. knit now, aka knits on circulars vs. knits on straights.

So, here we go, let's get my list - wait a minute, there is a new project on the list? Wasn't I supposed to finish all the current projects before starting a new one? Yes, so what? Have I ever given anybody any indication that I may actually follow a plan?

So the purple stole is the new project, straight needles, it's for me so no hurry, it will go in the suitcase.
Next is the pink poncho for my niece, airplane project.
The First Cables Sweater is for my cousin's new baby, straights needles, to be done before I leave.
Little Cables Socks - airplane.
Ruffles - straight needles, a unassigned xmas present, to be done before I leave.
Striped Pullover - I do not know what I am waiting for, I need to sew on the sleeves and I am done.
Debbie Bliss Simple Jacket with Collar: this is on straight, it is for me, and it is what I am knitting this week. I want it finished by Friday so I can wear at this dinner I have to go. I do not want to go, but I have too.

I will be back to Hopeful and NBat in January, while the second Branching Out Wristwarmer is a perfect airplane project. And so another pair of wristwarmers to go with Sciarpetta.

So one pocho, one sock, and three wristwarmers to keep me occupied from here to Rome?
I'll pack for a couple of hats, just in case we are stuck someplace.