Monday, July 25, 2005

I love Boston

Even if I have not left Cambridge yet, but to come from the airport to Cambridge.
What's so great about Boston/Cambridge? It's a city! And if you were born and raised in Roma like me to than move to the Silicon Valley, you would appreciate the sentiment. I used to live within walking distance from St. Peter and Piazza del Popolo, and now I have cows across the street from my house (cows!), a creek two houses from my backyard and a golf course across the creek. When I leave the place where I live, I need to see people, coffehouses, shops, noises! Now I have squirrels and hummingbirds, that are way more annoying then tourists and pilgrims.
Here, there is traffic - how do I love traffic! And the T, so who cares about traffic again? I love the underground, I almost had tears in my eyes: public transportations.
Yesterday I took the T at Kendall Square and I went to Harvard - since it was Sunday and after 5 Woolcott & Co. was closed, but I had a good time walking around.
Today I was free at 5, so I dashed to the T again and I ran there. As I said before, once I crossed the state line all bets are off, so here is the loot (photos will come later):

  • Mountain Colors Handpainted Yarn - Montana Goat in Ladyslipper, 2 hanks (460 yards). It knits at 5 sts/4", no idea what I'll do with it.

  • Euroflax - Sport Wt. (Fine) Solid colors, 3.25 - 3.5mm needles (6 sts/in.) , 100% linen, 3 hanks (810 yards), no plan yet, but most likely a shawl. It's red, no variegated.

  • Reynolds Scandal and Berroco Mosaic FX - 2 balls each, and for $10 only! For that price, I could not leave it, it's going to be two scarves.

Then I found a shop that sells Burt's Bees and I stocked up, I went to beads store Julie suggested and then I browsed the Coop for a while. And I had an epiphany. A small one, but still.
A while ago Alison left a comment saying that my Happy Sox are very HP6. My socks are Hewlett-Packard? And what purple and green have to do with HP? It's a code for layoffs?
Then today, glancing at a Henry Potter's display, I went "oh". It must be being here. A city. Harvard. Smart people. Must be contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?