Thursday, February 03, 2005

Knitting gives a new meaning to waiting.

I remember I used to hate waiting, now I look forward at the 20 minutes wait to see the doctor or the 10 minutes wait to have my blood drawn. Why? Because it's all knitting time! It feels like extra time that pops out of nowhere and I love it.

So I need an afghan square this morning while waiting here, waiting there.

Then I checked my blog and Gracie left a comment telling me to go for the Indigo. Ok, Gracie-gal, I did it, here it is:

Jaeger

Jaeger Trinity 'Indigo'
10 x 50g skeins - colour 442 Indigo
40% Silk / 35% Cotton / 25% Polyamide Fibre
Knits on 4mm needles (UK - 8) (US - 6)
Tension/gauge 22sts x 30 rows
200 metres (218yards) per 50g skein

eBay seller: Cucumberpatch UK.

My original choice of yarn for Mariah was Cascade 220 in blue, so yes, Gracie was right, I wanted Mariah in blue.

Jumping from one topic to another, since I have my Comcast box, Knitty Gritty! I have tape recorded and watched All about aran - very in theme since it's all about cables and I am going to start Mariah soon - and Refashioned Knits with plenty of very good tips - it actually inspired me to make the collar of Paperino's sweater now that I know how to pick up stitches correctly. And everything is on the web, so I can go there and refresh my memory.

Looking around on the DIY website, I noticed that there is another knitting show, Knit one, purl two. I may record that as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lu - Love the yarn. Mariah will be smashing in that!

    I love Knitty Gritty too and record all the episodes. Back before the holidays they used to show Knit One Purl Two, but they aren't showing it (here anyway) anymore. I'm not sure why - I like it too.

    Good luck with Mariah!
    Joyful Knitting
    ~ Beth
    http://diamondsnpurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. no Knit One, Purl Two? I need to check my magic box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about seeing waiting as an opportunity for more knitting...this is why I keep putting my husband off from getting broadband at home...so much delicious waiting time, waiting for pages to load...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I have a pattern book just for Trinity yarn but have not yet tried it yet.

    Can't wait to see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say?