Thursday, June 18, 2009

Free

Kids and husband are off to Italy and I have 16 days of absolute freedom (but who is counting?)

So, what am I doing with all my free time? Guglielmina came out and I finally finished spinning this gorgeous BFL roving. I even starting to ply it today but Guglielmina hates plying and I seriously considering replacing her with a more collaborative model.

While spinning, I am catching up with my favorite podcasts, and Lime 'n Violet got me hooked on Battlestar Galactica. Between that and Friday Night Lights, I am so set (for both series, I am still at season 1.)

On the knitting front, before the family left I made this in few hours when I realized I was missing a present for my niece:

Chiara's Shrug
Pattern: Little Girl's Shrug #288 by Diane Soucy
Yarn: Katia Jamaica
Ravelry project page here.


In stash reduction effort: one ball of Lana Grossa Point (leftover of this) became this in one hour or so:

Pink Ruffle Hat
Pattern: Ruffle Hat (knit) by Bernat Design Studio
Yarn: Lana Grossa Point Print
Ravelry project page here.


And what about nakniswemodo?

1. Everything But the Kitchen Sink - done
2. Ingenue - need some fixing
3. One Skein Wonder - done
4. Karabella Lace Vest - need fixing
5. Summer Cardi - body done!
6. White Sparkling Shrug - going .....