Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A plan for 2008

I know it is March 19 already, and usually a plan for the incoming year is made in December/January, but I am still wondering where the first three months of 2008 went, so here it goes. The fact that I have a somehow large stash (68,224 yards of yarn) does not bother me, but yarn marinating in my stash for too long makes me feel guilty. I can feel the yarn staring at me and thinking, "Are you EVER going to touch me?"
Hence, THE PLAN: for each month of 2008 I am going to pick the oldest yarn in my stash and decide either to make something with it RIGHT THEN, or de-stash it, or giving it away.
Since as already noted it is already March, I have January and February to take care off too.

January yarn: Lorna's Laces Shephard Sport in Glenwood, 2 skeins. Destash.

February yarn: South West Trading Company Karaoke, 2 balls in 287 Loganberry, leftovers from Sursa. I have been obsessed with making pouches lately:

Dafne Pouch

I'll make two more. NOW.

March yarn: Color Me Silken, 6 skeins in Fiery. Time to use this up. Jewel-Tone Wrap
by Iris Schreier [Raverly Link]: right weight, right yardage (with 60 yards to spare). Time to cast on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?