Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sursa

Sursa

Without the hiccup, this would have been a two days project, talk about instant gratification! I casted on Saturday and I ran out of yarn Sunday.
When I ran out of yarn, FTA's inventory was telling us that two balls of Karaoke 278 Mermaid Mix were someplace in the store, but we all know that two things always lie: gauge swatch and inventory count. The two balls were nowhere to be found.
Hollis had one lonely fingerless mitt that she has knit in the Mermaid Mix (some dye lot) as store sample (that is one of the perks of being a LYS, you can knit one mitt or one sock and call it store sample, no second item syndrome guilt), so she offered it me.

It took no time at all to go from mitt to little cake to finish my project:

Sursa

And then there was the ruffle. Three times over because I really did not like as it turned out following the instructions. So I re-did it. And then I re-did it again.

Sursa

And I added a crochet edge because the top of the shawl was rolling like crazy. But all considered, I loves making it and I love the finished product. And Principessa likes it too.

Sursa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?