Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pumpkin Days

Pumpkin Days
Pattern: Knitting Pure and Simple #214
Yarn: Tahki Cotton Classic, 3 balls


Fall is in the air and while most people mourn the loss of sunlight and complain about the shorter days, I can't wait for sundown at 5 in the afternoon. As I said before, sunlight bothers me, especially this harsh and straight-above-your-head California sun, so I long for winter and softer light.
Most people get bouts of energy and startisis in Spring, I get that in the Fall, especially during rainy days. And it has been raining the in the Bay Area, so I finished the baby sweater and the very day it started raining I started not one, but two scarves (one is already done, more details to come.)

My wonderful SP11 has sent me a package just right for the season:

SP11 package

Yummy chocolate yarn, tea, and a nice mug - THANK YOU, SECRET PAL, you could not have chosen a better gift.

And speaking of pumpkin days, if you are in the Bay Area and have small children, dress them in their Halloween costumes and bring them to the Allied Arts Guild to have their picture taken. Bring $5 and a gift for a sick child celebrating Halloween at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital. The event takes place Oct 26 (Fri) and Oct 27 (Sat) from 11 to 3 pm at 75 Arbor Road, Menlo Park and it is by the Woodside-Atherton Auxiliary, benefiting the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?