Saturday, March 18, 2006

What I have been up to

LuLu's Yarns

Bye-bye Kool-aid, welcome Gaywool and Jacquard. Most of the yarn I have been dyeing is up on my Etsy shop, link on the right bar. As you can see, we are having a red and blue period.

Fragola

This pink pile is Fragola for FTA - I need to put the pieces together and block it a little. It has been in this state for a while now, I am professional in finding excuses when it comes to sewing.

Opal Baby Sweater

This is a Baby Sweater I am making for, again, FTA, in Opal DK. Circular needles, no sewing, but circular needles indeed. The jury is still out on what I despite more, sewing or circulars.
But the sweater is darling, don't you think?

Right after I finished my Jaywalkers, I casted for Go with the Flow Socks (by Evelyn A. Clark in Interweave Knits Summer 2005) with Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn, but there was no love among the pattern, the yarn and me. I don't know whose fault was, but yuck, it looked horrible, the yarn kept splitting, so I frogged them and last night I casted for Embossed Leaves Socks (by Mona Schmidt in Interweave Knits Winter 2005), and look:

Embossed Leaves Socks

Love at first sight! Such a passionate affair that I snapped one of my Brittany US#0, right after I took that photo. Elspeth told me that if I email them, they'll send me a new set, so I did it, but while I wait, I can't work on my sock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?