Friday, July 22, 2005

I think I know my problem

Well, at least I know what my problem is when it comes to variegated yarn, it may be not the hardest puzzle I need to figure out in life, but, hey, it's something.
I don't like it when it is knitted up in lacey pattern.
I mean, how can I not fall in love with something like this? Of course I want it, but then, I need to remind myself that if it is variegated, it can't be lace or any busy stitch.
This sudden realization - is it the second one in one week? - came when I saw this. I am one of the few people who went "Ugh?" when saw Clapotis. "Ugh" means "I really do not think I like that". But then everybody was making one so I even bough some Lily to make a mini one. Never did, I kept going "Ugh?". But when I saw Becca's Clapotis, I loved it and so it dawned on me: it's not variegated, and I almost order some yarn to make one, red. Then I stopped, yarn diet, remember?
But now I know that I'll eventually make one, solid red.
So, what about this?




I do not think it wants to be a shawl, I think it wants to be Chiara, i.e. a lightweight pullover for a girl living in South California.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?