Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Nothin' but a T-shirt

Yes, look at the side bar, I have joined the knit-along, like I needed another one. What? You notice that my yarn diet counter says "0 days"? Well, today I have bought one ball of yarn, for $6 including shipping, so I can make Nothin' but a T-shirt, so my yarn diet is back to square one.
And no, I have not gone completely mad for lack of yarn purchases: I just needed one ball for the contrast yarn, the remaining 1,050 yards of yarn needed are from my stash!
All began when I bought this - that price and free shipping! - to make this - can you see a pattern of substituting Rowan Calmer with Jo Sharp Desert Garden here? - a while ago. But since I am already knitting a cotton cardigan with Jaeger Trinity Indigo, I have decided to make Nothin' but a T-shirt first with the Jo Sharp and worry about the Classical Cardi later. So I needed one ball of contrast yarn. I was so strong and I resisted the urge of spending $25 and get free shipping from Herrschners and I bought from Ewe'll Love It Yarns instead - just one ball.

Back to Mariah, I really do not like how it is turning out with the Jaeger Trinity Indigo. Just now the right drape. Ah ah! I'll go back to the original plan of making Mariah with Cascade 220 (and since it will take me forever, I'll have it ready for next fall) and I can use the Jaeger for the Classical Cardi.

Making plans for my stash is almost as fun as knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?