Thursday, December 16, 2004

I just love it!

Last night I started the Ribby Cardi with the Peruvian Collection Highland Wool and gosh, I do love the yarn. It's incredibly soft and I would almost say that I like it more than the Cascade 220. And the price, I completely forgot how cheap it is, only $2.25 for 50 gr.
I needed to go up a needle size, I am using 8, and I started three times. I am so rusty at making things for myself that I forgot the old trick to measure a sweater that fits me well to determine the chest size. Measuring myself does not work!

I have decided to make a poncho for Chrissie, not a sweater. A poncho is faster and easier and I already ordered the yarn (like I needed another project in my queue), Lion Brand® Sportweight Wool-Ease Yarns, from JoAnn.com

I went to the LYS and I bought 4 balls of Katia Danubio for the cuffs and collar of the Fluffy Jacket I am going to make with Berbero. And I bought 2 skeins of Anny Blatt Victoria for the border of the "Go everywhere with anything" cardi from Stitch 'n Bitch I plan to make with Osiris.

As much as I love to go to my LYS, when I compare the prices with the online stores, I should be smarter, take notes over there and then dash to the nearest computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?